Friday, August 20, 2010

THIS IS NOT ILLEGAL! Copy protection problem.?

OK... Here's the situation. I have several programs including Battlefield 2 and my Spanish program (both of which I completely own and paid for!) have ceased to start. I have nailed the issue down to copy protection. The BF2 splash screen will display and the process will continue to run, however the game never initializes. The case is the same with my Spanish program. It is at this time in the program startup (the splash screens) when copy-protection is initialized. I do not have anything illegal or otherwise ''bad'' on my computer. It is free of viruses and spyware and everything else. I am NOT a computer idiot. I would not be asking this question if I was. I need someone who can give me a way to either bypass the copy protection when programs start up or in some function allow me to assure the program that it is not being stolen.



Thanks in advance!



THIS IS NOT ILLEGAL! Copy protection problem.?avast



Try a system restore.



If that doesn't help then try reinstalling both programs.



I'm not sure where you came up with that theory, but I can tell you that this will happen with some programs sometimes.



Uninstalling the program and installing the program will help although sometimes you also have to delete any files and/or folders related to the program as well as any keys located in your registry.



This should help although it difficult to pin-point your actual problem based on your details.



THIS IS NOT ILLEGAL! Copy protection problem.?ducati



I would contact Microsoft for an answer. This sounds like something is either wrong in windows itself or the software might be copied illegally and sold as original. I would not worry the problem is not on your end.



Hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment