Friday, August 20, 2010

Processes on my computer?

There are 36 running and CPU usage is between 30% and 50%. I know the computer is free of viruses or spyware. How can I clean up all this extra stuff and make my computer run a little faster? I do have Norton Internet Security and Windows Defender on it.



Thanks,



B



Processes on my computer?aurora



To answer that question, you need to be more specific about you computer. For example:



How much RAM does you system have?



Which operating system are you running?



Which type of settings is you computer set on?



But without that all I can say is to defragment you drive. You can do this by in Vista by: searching defragment on you start bar. In windows XP you go to Start%26gt;System tools%26gt;Defragment. Defragment takes from a few minutes to a several hours depending on your level of fragmentation.



Processes on my computer?download



In Task Manager's Processes tab, click twice on CPU to order processes, with highest usage at the top.



Then go to Start-%26gt;Run. Type in msconfig and hit Enter or click OK.



This will open the System Configuration Utility. Click on the Startup tab. This will show you most processes that are set to start when Windows does. This gives you a little more info.



You can then uncheck items you may not want running.

No comments:

Post a Comment